WHO ARE WE?
Amazing Graces Social Investments (NPO 2011/009633/08) (PBO ref 930 040 869) is a non-profit, non-denominational, Christian-based organization. We focus on youths, empowering them with a sound moral Biblical foundation and relevant life-skills to positively impact their own lives and those of their communities.
Empowered South African youth, following Christ and changing communities.
South African youths in the age group 12 -30 years will determine the nature of our society in the next 5-10 years. In many ways they can be regarded as a ‘lost generation’ – betrayed by the government, society and the education system. This leads in many cases to a self-destructive life-style with drug abuse, sexual immorality, crime and political radicalism.
A major intervention is needed, using Christ as the foundation.
- Start and grow Youth Groups in urban and rural communities who meet weekly, led by a resident Team Leader
- Develop the Amazing Graces Curriculum with the following subjects:
- Life-lessons (moral & social development and social issues);
- Democracy Education;
- Literacy (eg reading clubs);
- Food Security (eg vegetable gardens);
- Money matters (eg entrepreneurship);
- Practical skills (eg cooking);
- Recreation (eg music, sports, games, outings).
- Train Team Leaders in the AG curriculum during AG Training Camps and with a Manual to implement it with their respective youth groups, guided by the Amazing Graces year-programme.
- Expand AG structure countrywide by involving Guest presenters, partners and other volunteers.